1/20/2011

it's my baby boy's birthday


well, yesterday was actually his birthday. but i was terribly busy yesterday so i decided i'd try and hold a mini celebration today.

oh, and to clarify, my baby boy is a dog named stitch. he is now 4 in human years.
he's a pampered pooch.
i planned on taking him to the dog park but ended up not going because it was too cold and cloudy today. tomorrow's supposed to be sunnier so i'll continue his birthday celebration then.

i ended up taking him to petsmart to buy his presents. i was going to let him pick out a toy, but i remembered he had tons of toys already (not enough, really, but my parents were complaining about how there's dog toys all over the house). so i decided i'd get him something he needed. like new boots for walking in the rain, mud, and snow.

then i saw there was a sale for all winter wear. 50% to be precise. and i had a birthday coupon too. i honestly just couldn't resist getting him a sweater to match his boots. PLUS, the sweater came with a HAT.
he kind of looks like link. if link were a nerdy-looking dog.
okay, so he wasn't exactly thrilled about his presents. but i made it up to him by baking him a cake made from the leftover "cookie dough" i bought for christmas.
dogs can't blow out candles so i thought pupperoni sticks were an apt substitute.

i made my mom join me while i sang happy birthday to him. he had been eagerly anticipating the cake ever since i started making it, and when it was time to give it to him he got even more excited. he could barely wait for us to finish singing. my mom made him sit so i could take a picture. he sat still like a good little boy, except for his tail wagging furiously and his eyes darting back and forth between the cake and me.
"omg mama i <3 you"

 his happy little face makes my heart melt ♥

2 comments:

  1. I must have some kind of Stitch-shield around my heart, since such things tend to have no effect on it. If he was scared, hurt or grieving, I'd be affected... yes. But going from:

    "I'm a Stitch"

    to, "I'm a happy Stitch"

    or even, "ZOMG I'm so happy, oh my oh my, SO HAPPY, wow, just ZOMG, I'm, wow, oh my, I'm Stitch, SO HAPPY"

    just... it doesn't seem to penetrate that bouncer in front of the club that is my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie. He looks like a girl scout in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete